Top of the range, confidential wine.
Alpha-Omega is the perfect combination of two grape varieties, two emblematic parcels and two complementary methods of vinification. On one side century old Grenache growing in a sandy soil, matured in concrete tanks to keep maximum original fruit and on the other side old Syrah vines aged more than 80 years whose roots delve into the chalky soil of “La Verde vineyard site. The Syrah wine is aged for 14 months in new oak barrels.
50 % Grenache, 50 % Syrah.
Two emblematic and yet diametrically opposed parcels regarding soil characteristics and styles have been carefully selected to make this wine. On one side 50% of almost century-old Grenache vines growing in sandy subsoil and wines matured in raw concrete vats to preserve character. On the other side, 50% of old Syrah vines growing in a chalky parcel with wine matured for 14 months in the best French oak barrels.
Wine and food pairing suggestion :
Beef tournedos with morel mushrooms and quinoa
Difficulty : easy
Preparation : 10 min
Cooking : 20 min
- 2 beef tournedos (130 to 200g)
- morels mushrooms
- 200 g of quinoa
- 15 cl of crème fraîche
- salt and pepper
- a knob of butter
- white wine to deglaze and bring out the flavor
- First put the morel mushrooms (that have been rehydrated in water for a good hour) into a frying pan with a knob of butter.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then add a pinch of salt and pepper, white wine and crème fraiche. Lower heat and let it simmer gently while meat is cooking
- To enhance the flavor of the dish, cook morel mushrooms and sauce with the meat juice
- For a perfect cooking put a little fat (ideally butter) in the frying pan making sure you do not put the meat until the pan is very hot. Then cook as long as you wish.
Bon appétit !