Royal Sunset is fresh, balanced, pale and elegant in colour endowed with a rich aromatic complexity. This wine is made according to the traditional direct pressing method used in Provence. It is based on 4 grapes varieties : Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah and Mourvèdre grown in this outstanding terroir of the Rhône Valley. This exceptional rosé is a symbol of sharing, friendliness and festive mood !
45 % Grenache, 45% Cinsault, 5 % Syrah et 5% Mourvèdre.
Short skin maceration followed by direct pressing under inert atmosphere to preserve the aromatic richness of juices. Must racking to 6 d°C overnight. Alcoolic fermentation in stainless steel temperature-controlled (14d°c) vats. Malolactic fermentation is prevented to keep maximum freshness as well as primary aromas.
Wine and food pairing suggestion :
Difficulty : easy
Preparation : 20 min
Cooking time : 25 min
- Carnaroli rice – 250 g
- 1 clove of shallot
- olive oil
- a knob of butter
- vegetable stock – 60cl
- a couple of saffron pistils
- 2 spoonfuls of Mascarpone
- salted butter
- Parmesan cheese- 50g
- pure sea salt with Espelette pepper
- Heat a dash of oil and a knob of butter in saucepan then add finely sliced shallot
- Pour the rice then keep stiring until you get pearly gloss tints. Heat the vegetable stock with saffron pistils and keep it to boiling point during preparation time.
- Pour a ladleful of the stock over the rice and keep stiring
- When all the liquid is absorbed, pour another ladleful of stock and repeat until the rice is fully cooked ( 18-20 minutes)
- When the rice is ready, then add Mascarpone and Parmesan cheese. Stir the mixture.
- Heat a dash of olive oil with a knob of salted butter and add scallops. Sear the scallops on both sides on high heat for 2 minutes
- Serve the dish quickly with shaved Parmesan cheese shavings and a great glass of Royal Sunset Rosé !